How should you start your press release?
Will you lead with:
· A question that invites interest?
· Provocative stats that alarm people?
· Wild predictions of something big?
· Bold statements that demand attention?
· Major accusations against a known entity, person, or institution?
· A confession or secret exposed?
· A joke, quote, or fact?
Your opening salvo is so, so important. The media has no time to waste and reads things quickly and abruptly skimming for certain ideas, terms, or concepts. They need to know right away, without bullshit or fluff, what exactly are you offering them? So be straight to the point, but be bold, confident, and creative.