In October of 2016 we dramatically changed our Facebook posting strategy.
A gradual, but noticeable shift in many social media algorithms and an influx of brand advertising on Facebook meant that it was important for us to either start experimenting or we’d continue to see a decline in organic reach and engagement.
Getting your content seen on Facebook is no small task. Especially when you consider all the content shared to Facebook every 20 minutes:
- 1 million links are shared
- 4.86 million photos are uploaded
- 763,888 status updates are sent out
We needed to make a change.
We cut our posting frequency by more than 50% on Facebook and began to truly focus on quality over quantity. What happened next, even the most optimistic social media manager couldn’t have expected:
Our Facebook reach and engagement began to increase even though we were posting less!
Here are some of the headline stats:
- Reach has more than tripled from 44,000 to 150,000+ people per week on Facebook
- Average daily engagements with our Facebook content has risen from ~500 to more than 1,000
- More and more of our posts are reaching between 5,000-20,000 people (before we made the change, many of our posts were reaching less than 2,000 people)
I’m super excited to share the data behind this growth with you and take you behind the scenes of our latest Facebook posting strategy.
Let’s dive in!
read more https://blog.bufferapp.com/facebook-posting-strategy?