At ProBlogger, we talk a lot about the value and importance of using an email strategy to drive traffic to, and make money from, your blog. But if you don’t keep your email subscriber list clean, it can negatively affect your blogging business.
By a clean list, I mean making sure your subscriber database is legal, accurate and engaged. Otherwise you may find yourself:
- fined for breaking international laws
- blacklisted by email service providers
- suffering from poor sender reputation and struggling with low open rates
- paying for inactive or non-existent subscribers
- passing up golden opportunities to connect with and market to your readers.
Here are some fundamental tips for maintaining a clean and valuable email list.