In the past, I theorized that we were moving closer to visual marketing.
Guess what? We’re there. We’ve arrived.
According to this awesome blog post by Hubspot, there are many reasons why you should be focused on visual marketing on your blog and in your social media posts.
Let’s review a few of them.
- Tweets with images receive 150% more retweets than tweets without images. Okay, the source for this statistic is Buffer, usually rated among the top three blogs in social media so I believe them and so should you.
- In an analysis of over 1 million articles, BuzzSumo found that articles with an image once every 75-100 words received double the social media shares as articles with fewer images. So, if you want more people to read your entire blog post, include multiple, color images.
- Users view 85% of videos on Facebook without sound. What this tells me is that it’s the images that mesmerize people.
- Cisco projects that global internet traffic from videos will make up 82% of all consumer internet traffic by 2021. You can replace the word images with the word video. Whether you post images or video, you need to do one or the other.
- 80% of marketers use visual assets in their social media marketing. Convinced yet?
- Video (63%), alone, has also surpassed blogging (60%) in usage as a social media marketing asset. Yeah, video is huge. Just look at how popular Facebook Live is.
Also, several sources indicate that including images with your tweets double the chance of a retweet. So don’t tweet anything without including an image.