By Pete Morgan
E-book selling requires that you are knowledgeable about the common ways of internet marketing. Experience is very important here. If you have an idea as to how products move in the internet, then you will have an easier time generating sales for your e-book. If you are merely a content creator and not a marketer, it’s probably best that you seek the help of someone who has experience in the field. Make no mistake about it, e-book selling shouldn’t be that hard. But if you are inexperienced marketing-wise, things can get very complicated. To help you get started, below are a few tips on how you should sell your e-book online. Implement these tips and you will surely see a substantial increase in your sales.
1. Create an attractive and eye-catching cover for your e-book. The adage “don’t judge a book by its cover” doesn’t apply much in online marketing. The more eye-catching your e-book cover is, the more people will be interested in purchasing it. It really is as simple as that. The cover is the very first thing that your customers will see on your product. If it’s poorly made, people will easily assumes that it has poor content as well. That said, invest your efforts in creating a really attractive e-book cover.
2. Gather testimonials before you offer your book to the public. This is one of the most common tricks of e-book selling. Testimonials are proof that your e-book is indeed valuable and people will benefit from it. To get these testimonials, have your e-book reviewed by several individuals first before you offer it to the buying public. If possible, you should get these testimonials from webmasters or bloggers that belong to the same niche as your book. Show your potential customers that the testimonials are real and that you did not make them up.
3. Set up a blog and website for your book. In fact, you should set up the website long before you offer the e-book for sale. In essence, the blog and the website are marketing platforms. You use them to drum up interest towards your e-book. You can set up a blog which is separate from the main website or you can put them together in a single domain. It’s up to you. What really matters is that you should have a website which acts a resource site for people planning to purchase your e-book.
4. Offer a few chapters for free to give your readers an overview of what to expect from your book. This technique works very well. You simply allow people to download sample chapters from your e-book. If you are confident about the quality of your product, this should not be a problem at all. If people like what they read from the sample chapters, they’ll likely buy the whole book.
5. Promote your e-book in every conceivable online platform. Make use of social media sites, forums, and article directories to build hype for your e-book.
These e-book selling tips should get the ball rolling. If you apply them often enough, you can easily double or even triple your sales.
Are you looking for more information regarding e-book selling [http://ianstables.com/]? Visit [http://ianstables.com/] today!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Pete_Morgan/604971
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6879882